Monday, August 10, 2009

Beef Ribs On Saturday


Well it’s been a few days since there’s been any Fred news. When the weather is hot n steamy, Fred likes to stick as close as possible to the Kitchen floor with the cold air from the airconditioner blowing on him.

Fred did get a special treat on Saturday morning August 8th. Not a special day in and of itself, but he scored a rather large savory beef rib.

I’m not usually inclined to share beef ribs. But Fred has been cooped up the last several days because of the heat. Very little exercise as he can only handle being out side for a few minutes at a time. I felt bad for him.


Fred knows how to work me with his big droopy eyes. My wife pulled out the ribs to put in our slow cooker bbq pit – I was putting some seasoned rub on mine, and there was Fred. He was looking at me as though he hadn’t eaten in weeks, his eyes as droopy and as sad as they could be. I couldn’t resist.

He did his proper sit-stay command quite perfectly so I had no choice. I sliced a nice thick rib off the rack and let him at it! He was in heaven.

He did elect to eat it on his couch. That’s his way of protecting special things from his roomies… The Boxer Boys and Lily the Yorkie. Fred’s couch needed a good cleaning after that – but no mind. It’s leather so not hard to clean at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment